Thursday, September 25, 2008

Milking It

When a coworker is willing to sop up the chocolate milk that is pooling in your lap...well...you know you've got a true friend! Today, during our lunch-give-me-a-break! I managed to dump the contents of my tiny carton of chocolate milk completely into my lap...brrrr! Fortunately the majority of it was absorbed into my nether region and not, God forbid, on my new carpet! Leave it to me to be one of the first to soil it (that is if you don't count accident #1 (and I do mean "number 1") at the circulation desk, or accident #2 (and, yes, I do mean "number 2"). In one week's time somebody has accidentally "leaked" onto my brand new carpet, somebody else brought in a token from the playground on the bottom of their shoe, and somebody (moi) spilt a carton of milk. I guess it's time to take down the "Please do not eat or drink in the library" sign.

Because of my determination to keep said carpet as clean as possible I simply froze when my own accident happened. All of my dear teammates jumped to their feet and threw napkins and applied pressure to my...lap area. Grateful that I had on one of my typical black skirts I was able to go about the rest of my day without anyone else none the wiser.

I tip my hat to the women in my life who do their best to keep me at my best. Most days this is quite a chore, I know, but I so sincerely appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment