Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meep Meep!

Some days I feel like Wile E. Coyote trying to catch the roadrunner. Just the other morning, while pouring what I still call Lucky Charms (they are actually Marshmallow Mateys--the cheaper, bag version of the real deal...it even says on the bag, "Compare to Lucky Charms") into a small red, plastic bowl, I could not help but to compare it to when the coyote pours that perfect pyramid of Acme Birdseed into a bowl in the middle of the road with the high hopes of finally catching the roadrunner. I, too, have been known to buy the latest gimmick that is advertised to "make my life easier." I have such high hopes that this time things will be better.

Take the beginning of the school year for example. I already knew what to expect. I already knew things were going to be hectic and time would no longer be something we had on our hands. I knew this. Even still the reality of it all hit me square in the face. No matter how much I psych myself up--no matter how many prayers I pray--no matter how many deep, cleansing breaths I take...I just can't seem to catch up. Just like the coyote, who despite his best laid plans, I feel defeated every single day. There are even days when I wish that darn anvil would just knock me out cold. But, alas, I trudge on; and that "roadrunner" called life runs just ahead of me-stopping every now and then to stick its tongue out at me and then burst farther ahead leaving me in a cloud of confusion.
But, like Wile E. I always seem to bounce back day after day despite the falls and near misses of the day before.

This year has us getting home later than ever almost every night of the week. We are busier than we have ever been. And we are only two weeks into the school year for goodness sakes! But with some lucky charms and a Wile E. spirit I have high hopes that I can get a grasp on this year...or at least get it to slow down long enough for me to catch up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment