Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Sunday Whine

Why is it so hard to get up and go to church? We get up and go to work and school even though we don't even want to....ahhhh but we have to. Do we really have to go to church? Hmmmm. Trying to be a good Christian parent I want to make sure that my kids are brought up in the church learning all things Godly. I certainly don't set that good of an example for them on a daily basis...not when I'm yelling at the old lady in the excrutiatingly slow car in front of us...not when another bill arrives in the mailbox...not when I lose my temper and my patience at the same time and scream at them until my voice quits. But early service on a Sunday morning? Yes...early service.

Our weekends are precious to us since we are hardly ever home due to our busy schedules. I am a self-proclaimed home-body and that still doesn't do me any good considering all that is going on. So what if during the work week we have a 30-minute commute one way...that's not bad at all...it's the rushing around like crazy once we do get home...only to fall asleep with our makeup still on and our body odor still clinging to us. Even God Himself rested on Sunday. So what is the frantic family to do? We hold fast to our belief that an example must be set and as tired as we may be we have to put God first in our lives and pray like ...well...pray really hard that He will help us stay awake throughout the sermon. Plus...where else can you go and be served wine before noon on a Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment