Thursday, September 25, 2008

Revelations

The ending, which, in a sense is really a beginning, is revealed to us in the final book of the Bible-Revelations. When reading any other kind of book I tend not to want to know how it's going to end until I get through it all and end up there. But in the book of Revelations I am flat out told that this is the end and it's coming and it's not all sunshine and roses. Recently some other things were revealed to me that had me not so anxious about getting through it all and arriving at the end. The wind has been knocked out of my sails and I feel as if I am standing on shaky ground. I suppose the old adage that 'ignorance is bliss' rings true most of the time, but I don't really think it was ignorance so much as repression that had me making up my own ending. As the author of my own life I have always looked ahead and lived with the end in mind...but always as a positive impetus to keep me going...to keep me living according to my own moral compass. And while I am a feeling a little uncertain and blue I am also a bit relieved. Part of what was revealed to me has lifted a weight that I had needlessly been carrying around. It opened my eyes to an ending that I had not known was a part of my course. Like the book of Revelations---it does have its dark and scary scenarios---but it also has a heavenly reward complete with weightless wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment