Friday, December 19, 2008

5 Golden Rings...


On the first day of Christmas vacation
I simply gave to me
The opportunity to visit with friends.
Tonight I am going down the road to a neighbor's home to spend some time with some dear friends who have been living out of the country. They are in town en route to visit their family for the holidays so a party is in order. Several people whom I enjoy being around will be there and I am looking forward to kicking off the start of my Christmas vacation in this manner.
In the photo above the inscription on my ring reads: "Live Each Day To The Fullest" and that is what I am trying to do. However, my idea of "fullest" is often quite different from what many would expect. Dare devil I am not, but I do enjoy witnessing a miracle. My notion of a full life involves opening my eyes to see the beauty in the world around me. I love capturing moments throughout the day and if humor is a part of it I'm all for that to. I like to keep God in the forefront of my thoughts as I think through and plan my next step. I believe in family and friendships. I honor stillness and welcome silence. I have learned that the salt in my tears reminds me that I am made of something more than just water--that I am a substantial person. I am a happy soul who believes in smiling. I care not whether my rings are made from the finest gold in the land or whether they will turn black in the morning...I simply cherish them for the memory attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment