Sunday, December 7, 2008

Calling a Spate a Spade









Upon first glance you see two beautiful Kate Spade animal print purses...but, after a careful, second glance you'll notice that only one of them is the real deal. The other purse is actually a Kade Spate purse. Perhaps that is why I was able to purchase it at a thrift store for $1.50. Truth be told I thought I had just made out like a bandit. I handed over my dollar and two quarters and snatched my overlooked treasure out of the sales clerk's hand as quickly as I could and practically ran out the door and into my car--locking the doors for good measure. It wasn't until almost a year and a half later that my eyes noticed what my dyslexic mind had missed.


Another year later found me on the receiving end of my younger sister's cleaning frenzy. As I dug through the black Hefty trash bag I squealed with delight at the Ralph Lauren tote bag and the Nike back pack. I giggled with glee upon spying the brown leather Kenneth Cole belt and the aqua blue Gap shirt. And there, lying at the bottom of the trash bag was the animal print Kate Spade purse. I read the label over and over--I could not believe it: the t and the d were in the correct places! See--it's true: good things come to those who wait...or at least to those who are too cheap to buy name brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment