Monday, December 22, 2008

That's A Wrap!



























I've made hot chocolate with marshmallows; I've maintained traditions such as "Secret Angels" (this is something we do every year: the week before Christmas we each draw names and for the next week we have to secretly do nice things for the person we drew. The big reveal is on Christmas Eve. This has everyone thinking about someone other than themselves and it keeps us all guessing who our secret angel is); I've wrapped gifts (first year to do so with a cat in the house...not so easy). We've played Yahtzee; we've watched James Bond marathons; we've stayed in our pajamas for 48 hours straight. Now all there is to do is last for one more day and then it will be the day before Christmas: Christmas Eve. The buildup and the anticipation are huge...no matter whether you are the child or the adult. I am very fortunate that I still get to be both.

No comments:

Post a Comment