Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


It's Chrismtas Eve...finally! It's time to relax and be with family. It's too late to do anything else except wait so you might as well enjoy it! Even now my tummy is fluttering at the very thought of going to my Mom and Dad's---this is when I revert to the expectant child...and I LOVE it!!! It's so fun to be all things wrapped up in one: a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a wife, a mother...I get to be right there in the middle of it all and yet I have the benefit of being able to step away and view it all from a distance. The smiles on my parents' faces as they enjoy their role as grandparents; nothing makes them happier than making their children and grandchildren smile. Getting to see and hear shouts of elation as my kids receive the good stuff...just what they wanted all wrapped up in the love of the givers.

There will be food and there will be games; there will be laughter and picture taking sessions. There will be anticipation and there will be relaxation. The magic of Christmas is sprinkling down on us all...may it fall on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment