Saturday, December 20, 2008

I See The Moon-The Moon Sees Me

I snapped this picture of the moon at dawn just before getting in my car to go to work last week. I wish you could have seen the way its glow blanketed everything beneath it. In that brief moment before the sun took over I stopped rushing and just kept taking pictures as I walked from my house to the barn. The picture does not do it justice but I wanted to post it nevertheless.

I have always been in love with the moon. Everytime that I see that beautiful orb I am touched. How I wish I could have stood staring toward the sky until the moon slipped out of view, but, alas, I had to put the pedal to the metal. Now that I am able to slow the pace down a little I hope to grab a few more shots that would have otherwise been missed.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am a woman and thus closely connected with the moon and her cycles. I have a high tide and a low tide of emotions that course through me. I have been a sliver and I have been full. I have been blue. I am getting ready to be new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment