Monday, December 8, 2008

'Tis the Seasons



Some of the leaves seemed a little unsure of when to start changing. The temperatures were not what they usually were and the rains never ever came. But, despite uncertainty, and in spite of barriers the leaves did what they were designed to do. Their beautiful rust, red, yellow, and orange hues gave me my own personal mural from God; one that I took great pleasure in viewing every morning when I left for work and every evening when I returned. The top left picture is the view from my back yard. I am so fortunate to get to witness the changing of the seasons by just looking around me. I find miracles of nature to be extremely healing. It is almost as if I am constantly being reminded that I am not alone...that God is all around...if only we'll just open our eyes to see.


Sometimes I resist change--especially when things don't go the way they are "supposed to" or the way that I think they should. But, in the end, I do what I am designed to do. Sometimes I am beautiful and healthy...other times I am brittle and dry left clinging to anything that will keep me up...and then I fall. But as I do I am changed. As I rest from my fall---balled up in hibernation---I start to realize why and how I got where I am. And, when my winter is over, I continue to grow and learn and become all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment