Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!




Now that it is a little past noon I'm ready for a nap! Christmas morning came about 6:00 a.m. ... a mere 6 hours after my eyes shut for the night. And while I crave sleep and detest being roused from my slumber I do give exception to such a morning as this. My daughter was the first to pounce on my side of the bed insisting that "It's Time!"






Now that the kids are a little bit older I'm never really sure what to expect. Are they going to sleep until 9:00? Are they going to set their alarms for 4:00 a.m.?



It's fun to see and hear them still as excited as when they were 5 and 6 years old. This year the number of gifts beneath the tree was significantly less than previous years, but the total cost has remained the same. The items on their lists involved items such as ipods and video cameras. I justified such purchases by preparing the answers to the interview questions I was sure to be asked once my son became the next Steven Spielberg and my daughter the next Taylor Swift!



After the floor was littered with crinkled wrapping paper and opened boxes we all set to work reading our instruction manuals. I soon found myself being videotaped in all my bed-head/no-makeup morning glory...my rants forever captured and contained within an 8 gig memory card. We played the game of LIFE for 2 hours and we downloaded our favorite songs. We reluctantly got out of our new, cozy, pajamas, and prepared for Round 3...last night was spent at my parents' house-this morning at our house-today will be spent at my husband's parents'. The kids are happy...and so am I!



Merry Christmas to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment