Friday, December 12, 2008

WEAKend Plans

It's the weekend--I want so badly to stay up late and do all of the things that have been left undone all week long.
It's the weekend--I want so badly to go to bed early and catch up on all of the sleep that's been lost all week long.
It's the weekend...the weakend--There's no steam left in this engine...and yet there is so much still to do.
Tomorrow alone I have a baby shower and a faculty Christmas party to attend. Word has it that I was also invited to a bachelorette party tomorrow as well-though in the rush of the week the invite was never directly received.
I have clothes to wash and dishes to scrape...books to read and words to dictate. I have sweeping and vacuuming and mopping to do. I want to visit with friends-I want to Christmas shop. I want to do it all and at the same time I want nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment