Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm Looking Forward...but My View is Still the Same

It seems that no matter how many mantras I chant or how many self-help books I devour some things in my life never change. I know that I am suppose to "focus on the good" and "leave the past in the past" but even when I do I am always behind. I am behind in my chores. I am behind in my sleep. I am behind slow drivers. I am behind in my mind. As the days in 2008 dwindle down I can't help but to think back on my wishful thinking a year ago. Some of the things that I told myself did, in fact, come to fruition...though not as throroughly as I had intended. Then again, I ran out of steam by the time February 1st came around. This has a lot to do with my passenger seat in life. This time, when the calendar declares it 2009, I will just take a deep breath and continue the task of living my life. While I may not always enjoy the view that presents itself to me I can still change where I am sitting. I think the driver's seat is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment